Saturday, September 29, 2007

Chinese Food Ingredients

I have been eating out a lot recently.I preferred to cook my own Chinese Food, less M.S.G and better flavor according to my own taste.
Today I will share with you the list of most common Chinese cooking ingredients. It is recommend that you store the ingredients in your kitchen regularly if you are serious about learning Chinese cooking because they are used in most Chinese dishes. Then You don't have to go to Asian grocery store to each time you try a new Chinese recipe.
List of Most Used Chinese Cooking Ingredients
Cooking Oil (vegetable oil or others)
Cornstarch
Egg
Five-Spice Powder
Flour
Ginger (root)
Garlic (cloves)
Green Onion (also called Scallion)
Hoisin Sauce
Oyster Sauce
Rice Wine
Salt,Soy Sauce,Sugar,Sesame Oil

Today's Fortune Cookie Says."Your intense personality can make quite an impression on People"
I am wondering about this.I do not think I have an intense personality. But most of the time I do make an impression on People.
Today's Chinese Words :Yuet Lian= Moon

More great recipes are available in Nicholas Zhou's cookbook "Real and Healthy Chinese Cooking" with 530+ authentic and healthy Chinese recipes

www.999recipes.blogspot.com

No comments: